Expert Rope Access Training in the Heart of London
Elevate your rope access skills with our IRATA certified training courses in London. Whether you need level 1, 2, or 3 training or revalidation, we've got you covered.
IRATA Rope Access Training Level 1, 2 or 3 in South London
MCL Height Safety are full accredited to offer the following levels of IRATA rope access training:
- IRATA Rope Access Level 1 - For trainees just starting out
- IRATA Rope Access Level 2 - For rope access technicians wanting to progress their career and increase competence
- IRATA Rope Access Level 3 - For advanced rope technicians wanting to move into supervisory roles and progress their career in industrial rope access
Rope Access Training London Course
Overview IRATA Rope Access training provides the skills and knowledge required to work at height where ropes and associated equipment are used to gain access to and from the work position, and to be supported there. Rope access techniques are used in a wide range of repair, maintenance and inspection roles in industries including offshore oil and gas, renewable energy, confined spaces, power and petrochemical, shipping and harbours.
IRATA Level 1 course - An entry level course suitable for those starting a career in rope access no previous experience necessary. An IRATA Rope Access Level 1 technician is capable of performing a limited range of rope access tasks.
Delegates completing a Level 1 IRATA Rope Access training course will be able to:
- Inspect their own personal rope
- Correctly use access equipment
- Assist in rig and non-standard operations under the guidance of a higher graduate
- Undertake a rescue involving descent by themself and have knowledge of hauling systems
Course Content A Level 1 IRATA Rope Access training course includes; The characteristics of a safe system of work Rope access equipment Legislation, hazards, risk assessment and method statements Equipment, conformity, certification and inspection Emergency and rescue procedures. There are no prerequisites for the Level 1 IRATA Rope Access course.
IRATA Level 2 course - An intermediate level training course for those wanting to progress a career in rope access.
An IRATA Level 2 technician is capable of rigging working ropes, undertaking rescues and performing a variety of rope access tasks.
Delegates completing a Level 2 IRATA Rope Access training course will be able to;
- Undertake advanced rescues under the supervision of an IRATA level 3 rope access technician
- Perform advanced rope access tasks under the supervision of an IRATA level 3 rope access technician
- Have some knowledge of legislation, safety requirements and quality assurance procedures relating to rope access
Course Content A Level 2 IRATA Rope Access training course includes; Legislation, guidelines and standards Team work and communication Equipment and rigging including wide 'y' hang, re-belay, deviations, rope and sling protection, pull-through, tensioned lines, work restraint, horizontal lifelines, anchorage selection
Prerequisites In order to complete a Level 2 IRATA Rope Access training course, delegates must have: An IRATA Level 1 certificate A minimum of 1000 hours of experience in rope access work
Level 3 IRATA Level 3 course -A supervisory level training course for those wanting to progress to a rope access supervisor.
An IRATA Level 3 supervisor is capable of site supervision for rope access work projects.
Course Objectives Delegates completing a Level 3 IRATA Rope Access training course will be able to:
- Supervise rope access work projects
- Understand relevant work techniques and legislation
- Demonstrate all the skills and knowledge required of IRATA rope access levels 1 and 2
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of advanced rescue techniques
- Show that suitable first aid training has been undertaken (and hold an appropriate and valid first aid certificate)
- Have knowledge of the IRATA training, assessment and certification scheme
- Be familiar with the contents of the IRATA International Code of Practice (ICOP)
Course Content A Level 3 IRATA Rope Access training course includes; Equipment inspection Management and records Risk assessment and method statements Rescue management Prerequisites In order to complete a Level 3 Rope Access training course, delegates must have: Held an IRATA Level 2 certificate for at least 1 year A minimum of 1000 hours of experience in rope access work at level 2
IRATA Rope Access Training Refresher
Rope access technicians who have not been engaged in rope access work for more than six months are required to attend suitable rope access refresher training before being allowed to work.
MCL offer a full range of IRATA Rope Access Refresher training including:
IRATA Rope Acess Refresher Level 1 - Covering all techniques from initial rope access training and relevant legislation
IRATA Rope Access Refresher Level 2 and 3 - Focusing on rigging and rescue procedures MCL also offer a full range of revalidation courses for when your IRATA Level 1, 2 or 3 certification is up for renewal.
To book your refresher or revalidation course please call us on 0208 558 5688.
Why book your IRATA Training London with us?
- Over 60 years combined trainer experience
- Globally recognised IRATA and GWO training courses
- 93% Pass Rate
- Multiple state of the art training locations
- Wide range of in-house courses developed according to BS8454 provided under one roof
- Directly employed qualified trainers with work experience
- On-site design, fabrication and inspection service
- Equipment supply
- Pay for your training in 3 instalments when booking online
- Purpose built venue
How long does IRATA Certification last?
IRATA approved certificate - valid for 3 years
How long does IRATA Rope Access Training take to complete?
Rope access training syllabus lasts 5 days which includes 1 day assessment
Can I pay for my rope access training instalments?
Yes, we offer the PayPal pay in 3 option on our website allowing you to may over 3 months
Where is your South London Training Centre?
Our IRATA Training Centre in London is located in Earlsfield, South London which is a 3 minute walk from Earlsfield Station, just off the mainline station Clapham Junction
How do I make an enquiry for my qualification or revalidation?
You can call our friendly knowledgeable team on 020 8558 5688 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and course dates
To book your IRATA rope access courses at your required level, please choose your preferred location of East London, South London or Humberside from the list then select Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 or refresher training and date
MCL Height Safety
Tel: 0208 558 5688
Details: MCL Height Safety Info